Recipe by presvicki
My husband has been Lactose Intolerant for years and has relied on Frozen Yogurt as a substitute. Last Christmas I received an ice cream attachment for my stand mixer and was excited to try my hand at making Fro-Yo. To my dismay my Frozen Yogurt was always too tangy for our taste. Just yesterday, I came across canned evaporated Goat’s Milk at Walmart and tried this recipe out with RAVE reviews from my family. Goat’s milk is easy to digest and is a great substitute for Cow’s milk (surprisingly doesn’t have a “funky” taste like I assumed)! I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!
Top Review by sikirie
I totally disagree with the previous review! Our family loved it! We added a little more sugar and used a devils food flavor pudding. It was great! The goat's milk has a distinct taste but if you use a strong flavored pudding mix like chocolate or coffee, it does the trick.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated goat's milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup lactose-free milk
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place 2 cans of Evaporated Goat's Milk in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the ingredients and whisk together until the sugar dissolves.
- 3. Pour mixture into an ice cream machine and churn according to manufacture's instructions (approximately 25-30 min.).
- 4. Serve immediately or store in a air tight container in the freezer.