1/8 Photos of I Can Cook Yan's Velvet Corn Soup
Pot Scrubber's Note:
From Martin Yan's Show "Yan Can Cook."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 lb shrimp (peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup ham (diced and cooked)
- 1/4 cup water chestnut (coarsely chopped)
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (mixed with 1/3 cup water)
- 2 egg whites (lightly beaten)
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1Boil broth in a 3 quart pot.
- 2Add shrimp, ham, water chestnuts, corn, sesame oil, salt and pepper and return to a boil.
- 3Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring until soup boils and thickens.
- 4Remove from heat and slowly drizzle in egg whites, stirring constantly.
- 5Sprinkle with green onion.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for I Can Cook Yan's Velvet Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 1459.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g