Basic Oriental Fried Rice - Stephen Yan
- Ready In:
- 6 cups cooked rice, cold
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten with
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon wine
- 2 green onions, stalks chopped fine
- Into a hot wok, add 1 tablespoon of peanut oil.
- When oil is hot, gently pour egg into wok and cook with medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn over to cook the other side of the egg.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and remove from wok to a cutting board and shred egg into slivers.
- Using medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of peanut oil into wok until smoke begins to rise.
- Put in cooked rice, salt, wine, and dark soy sauce, stirring until the rice is hot.
- Add egg slivers, and green onions.
- Stir for another minute and serve hot.
- NOTE: "There are many ways to do fried rice, depending on the kinds of ingredients employed. The specific name is called when a specific kind of ingredient, mostly meat is added to the basic fried rice. Fried rice can be made ahead of time and kept warm in oven. It freezes well in deep freeze too." - Stephen Yan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation