Recipe by Boomette
This is a drink from the Hard Rock Cafe. I don't really like sweet drinks and this one is not too sweet for me. But I have to mentionned that I always use unsweetened juice. The pineapple juice I use is Oasis. And for orange and grapefruit, it's Tropicana. And I don't always add the grenadine.
Top Review by Kim127
Yum! I doubled the juice amounts to one ounce of each. It was a little too potent for me with less. Still, I can see why they call it a hurricane. I'm done with anything productive today, lol. I didn't find this as overly sweet as the other reviewers but I may not have added as much grendine (used just a splash). Thanks Boomie - one of my favorite bartenders :)
- 1⁄2 ounce white rum
- 1⁄2 ounce dark rum (or gold)
- 1⁄2 ounce gin
- 1⁄2 ounce Amaretto
- 1⁄2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 ounce orange juice (more)
- 1⁄2 ounce grapefruit juice (more)
- grenadine, to taste
- 1 slice orange
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ice in a Hurricane glass or a really tall glass.
- Then add the white rum, dark rum and gin.
- Add an equal quantity of pineapple juice, orange juice and grapefruit juice. (what I do is that I use equal quantity of orange and grapefruit juice, and a little bit of pineapple juice, all unsweetened).
- Then you can put the amaretto on top.
- Add grenadine. (I don't).
- Garnish with a slice of orange.