1/2 Photos of Hungarian Sweet 'n' Sour Cabbage Soup
This is out of my "Whole Foods Market Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3 cups cold water or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika (optional)
- 1Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, garlic, and caraway seeds, and saute, stirring frequently, until the onion is translucent.
- 3Stir in the paprika, and cook for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- 4Add the diced tomatoes (with juice), tomato puree, cold water, and vinegar. Bring the soup to a simmer,.
- 5Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the cabbage and lemon zest; continue to simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, until the cabbage is tender.
- 7Add the honey.
- 8Season the soup with the salt and pepper and the optional smoked paprika.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Sweet 'n' Sour Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.3
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 121.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: