Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very good friends of our's made these at Christmastime and I finally asked for the recipe and tried making them myself. They are time-consuming, but oh, so good and worth the time and effort! Perhaps they'll become a holiday tradition in your home! (Prep time includes minimum chilling time)
- Mix margarine and cottage cheese.
- Add flour until well-mixed and smooth dough forms.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least a couple of hours.
- (Shape into walnut-sized balls before or after chilling).
- Roll each ball on floured board to the size of a small saucer.
- (You can mix some sugar with the flour for rolling).
- Make filling by mixing sugar and nuts in blender or food processor till finely chopped.
- Place TSP.
- of filling in center of circles.
- Fold circles in half and seal.
- Form into crescents.
- Sprinkle with sugar and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- ***NOTE:You may need to make more filling.
- Also, you may adjust the size of the dough circles too for different sized cookies.
- If you do this, you may need to adjust baking time too!