3 hrs 15 mins
Very good friends of our's made these at Christmastime and I finally asked for the recipe and tried making them myself. They are time-consuming, but oh, so good and worth the time and effort! Perhaps they'll become a holiday tradition in your home! (Prep time includes minimum chilling time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb margarine or 1 lb butter, softened (2 cups)
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, blended until smooth
- 4 cups flour
- 1Mix margarine and cottage cheese.
- 2Add flour until well-mixed and smooth dough forms.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least a couple of hours.
- 4(Shape into walnut-sized balls before or after chilling).
- 5Roll each ball on floured board to the size of a small saucer.
- 6(You can mix some sugar with the flour for rolling).
- 7Make filling by mixing sugar and nuts in blender or food processor till finely chopped.
- 8Place TSP.
- 9of filling in center of circles.
- 10Fold circles in half and seal.
- 11Form into crescents.
- 12Sprinkle with sugar and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 13Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- 14***NOTE:You may need to make more filling.
- 15Also, you may adjust the size of the dough circles too for different sized cookies.
- 16If you do this, you may need to adjust baking time too!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Nut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1759 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 130.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g