Top Review by SeriousMoms
I made this tonight and just served it with Costco frozen meatballs, and it was pretty good. I didn't think it was flavorful enough, but I also messed up on it--so that's why I won't rate it yet, but I'll try it again, for sure!! I didn't have caraway seeds, and I didn't have the recipe right in front of me when I added the flour & water and I ended up adding too much flour--then needed more water--so as you can see, it ended up being more bland than I'm sure it should have!! I doctored it up with more spices and it tasted fine. I will try this again and I will follow the directions next time, and I'm sure it will be wonderful!!! :)
- 1 recipe of basic meatballs (prepared from another recipe)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, Md., Thinly Sliced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour, Unbleached
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the basic meatballs and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onions and cook and stir until they are tender.
- Add the cooked meatballs, 3/4 cup of water, the wine, caraway seed, paprika, marjoram leaves and salt.
- Heat to boiling then reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix 1/4 cup of water and the flour, stir into the sauce mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring carefully.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- NOTE: Serve with either boiled potatoes or noodles for a great main dish.