Recipe by MsKittyKat
This recipe is from Rachael Ray's Everyday magazine. I am posting so I don't lose it.
Top Review by cookiegoddess
Thanks for posting this Deborah! I made this last night, and my DH and I loved it! I used a can of roasted veg chicken broth with homemade, and garlic marinated roasted peppers because that was what I had on hand and we thought it was a little strong, so I'm sure if I follow the recipe it'll be perfect! I do like that its flexible. Also, I used ground turkey for the dumplings, which were very tender, unlike most poultry meatballs. Thanks again!
- 2 (1 quart) boxes chicken broth, such as Kitchen Basics brand
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- chopped fresh parsley (about a handful)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup spanish piquillo peppers or 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, cut into thin 2-inch long pieces
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces and then shredded into thin sticks
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh dill (about a handful)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat the broth to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- While the broth simmers, in a medium bowl, combine the chicken, egg, bread crumbs, nutmeg,paprika, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Roll the meat into 1-inch dumplings and add about 8 of them at a time to the simmering broth.
- Let the dumplings cook for 3 to 4 minutes, without stirring. Add the noodles, peppers and scallions and stir.
- Cook until the noodles are just tender. Stir in the dill.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and serve.