Spinach Egg Drop Noodle Soup
An easy delicious one pot soup to enjoy for a quick lunch or dinner. Original recipe was found on the internet, but like always, I tweaked it a bit.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 8 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Im medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in egg noodles and cook per package directions.
- Beat eggs, water, parmesan cheese and pepper together.
- Stir spinach into the broth and reheat to boiling.
- Pour egg mixture into soup slowly while stirring constantly with a fork.
- Cook 30 seconds.
- Check seasonings and add salt if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Nissin Cup Noodles I put 2 eggs in a microwave safe dish .. cooked for one minute set aside. Heated about 4 oz of water in a glass for about 45 secs to 1 minute depend on how hot you want it. (even longer if you like it scolding) While water is heating I chopped up the eggs in bits. Poured water (not quiet but almost to the top) into chicken flavored Cup O Noodles. Let it sit 3 minutes Then added chopped eggs, parsley & basil flakes. Stir & eat. it was so yummy Next time I'll throw the raw eggs into the cup then pour the hot water over it & see how that turns out.Reply
This was wonderful! I did make my own changes to it though; I just added a bit of soy sauce, black bean sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger and a touch of sesame oil at the end (which really helps make this soup shine!) I also used fresh spinach since I had some on hand. One of the fastest soups I've made and so delicious! Thanks!2Reply
see 4 more