Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Secrets of Hungarian Cooking. Goldie Michael says these keep well and they have a star by them.
Make and share this Hungarian Butter Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder together.
- Work in the butter and lard as for pie dough.
- Add beaten egg yolks, sour cream, lemon juice and rind.
- Cut dough into four pieces.
- Place dough in a good bowl, cover, and place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, on a floured board, roll out dough, one piece at a time, into 3-inch squares.
- Fill with nut filling or with jam.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 25 30 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Mix the walnuts, sugar, egg whites and lemon rind together.
Wonderful recipe! reminds me of cookies my grandma made with me when I was little