Recipe by lazyme
From Chinese Cookery a nice chicken dish that can be served either at room temperature or chilled. The cucumbers add a nice contrast to the spicy sauce. You can serve this over pasta or rice.
- 2 lbs chicken
- 10 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons szechuan peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cucumber, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in a large saucepan of boiling water 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove, let cool. Remove bones. Shred chicken with a cleaver.
- Combine with water chestnuts.
- Mix ingredients for seasoning sauce in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, peel and halve cucumber; scoop out seeds. Cut cucumber halves in diagonal slices. Arrange on a platter with chicken mixture. Serve with Tossed Noodles.