1/1 Photo of Hunan Chicken
2 hrs 20 mins
From Chinese Cookery a nice chicken dish that can be served either at room temperature or chilled. The cucumbers add a nice contrast to the spicy sauce. You can serve this over pasta or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons szechuan peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1Cook chicken in a large saucepan of boiling water 30 to 40 minutes.
- 2Remove, let cool. Remove bones. Shred chicken with a cleaver.
- 3Combine with water chestnuts.
- 4Mix ingredients for seasoning sauce in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5To serve, peel and halve cucumber; scoop out seeds. Cut cucumber halves in diagonal slices. Arrange on a platter with chicken mixture. Serve with Tossed Noodles.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hunan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (928 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.1
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 374.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: