Crispy Batter-Fried Chicken
This chicken is really good! The batter is light and crispy and the herbs add a nice flavor. From the Great American Cookbook recipe collection. This also makes great chicken sandwiches!
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of waxed paper. Pound to 1/2" thickness using a meat mallet. Set aside.
- Place egg whites and tarragon in a shallow bowl. Beat with a fork until frothy. Combine flour, garlic powder, cornstarch and baking soda in another shallow bowl and mix well. Dip the chicken in flour then egg white mixture and turn to coat. Dip in flour again and coat completely.
- Heat the oil to 350 F in a deep medium skillet. Add 2 chicken breasts to the skillet. Cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 7-10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION