Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted as a recipe request. It sounds tasty!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped banana
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) cancrushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add eggs and oil, stirring until flour mixture is moistened (Do not beat).
- Stir in vanilla, pineapple, pecans, and bananas.
- Bake in 3 greased and floured 9 inch cake pans at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans completely.
- Combine cream cheese and margarine, beating until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread between layers and on top of and sides of cake.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
My next door neighbor made this recently. She gave me and my Husband a piece. We loved it! Kind of like carrot cake. But it was Perfecto! PEACE Rhonda : )
Liked the combination of flavors, but the cake turned out WAY too 'dense' and way too sweet for us. Heavier than even carrot cake.
I have a similar recipe. But I think the two cups of sugar is way to sweet for me: I use only 1&1/4 of brown sugar.