2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Suzanna Marie's Note:
Jumped out at me while leafing through the August '08 issue of "Cuisine at Home." According to the article, this grilled chicken is cooked and sold from roadside stands in Hawaii. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds wonderful. At first sight it looks like a lot of work, but I bet it isn't. Just a lot of ingredients. If you make it before me, let us all know how it is, O.K?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- 2Place drumsticks in half the pineapple juice mixture in a large resealable plastic bag; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Reduce remaining mixture in a saucepan over medium-high heat until thickened; set aside for basting.
- 4Preheat grill to high.
- 5When hot, turn off one burner, leaving the other lit.
- 6Remove drumsticks from marinade.
- 7Arrange on UNLIT portion of the grill.
- 8Cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees (about 40 minutes).
- 9Baste with reserved glaze regularly.
- 10Turn after 20 minutes; continue basting until done.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huli Huli BBQ Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.2
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 277.2 mg
- Sodium 1446.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 63.3 g