1/7 Photos of Huevos Rancheros Tostados
This lovely recipe, from Cooking Light, is great served with a fruit salad. Good for breakfast or dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450*F.
- 2Lightly coat both sides of the tortillas with cooking spray, and place on baking sheet. Bake at 450*F. for 5 minutes on each side, or until tortillas are crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine the picante sauce, ketchup, and pinto beans in a large nonstick skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- 4Make small wells in the bean mixture with a wooden spoon 2" apart.
- 5Break a an egg into each well, and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- 6Cover and cook 5 minutes or until egg is desired doneness.
- 7Place one tortilla on each of 4 plates, and top each serving with 1/2 cup bean mixture and 1 egg.
- 8Sprinkle each serving with 1 tbls. cheddar cheese, if using, 1 tbls. chopped cilantro and a dash of hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huevos Rancheros Tostados
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 464.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 17.7 g