Easy Huevos Rancheros
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
- 15 ounces hash brown potatoes, cooked (or substitute pan fried)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and heated
- 6 eggs, cooked your favorite way
- 1 (14 ounce) can green enchilada sauce, heated (Hatch Huevos Rancheros Sauce)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (for a thicker sauce) (optional)
- 3 tortillas, heated (I crisped them in the panini maker)
- grated cheese (optional)
- black olives, chopped (optional)
- cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- cooked ham, chopped (optional)
- ground pork, cooked and chopped (optional)
- Lay one tortilla on each plate.
- Spoon on cooked potatoes, then pinto beans. Top with eggs, and then the rancheros sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Holy cow, is this delicious! Going right into my best of the year cookbook. I think the green enchilada sauce with the optional chilies and the hash browns make this really special. You may have some extra beans and sauce leftover, but that's OK. We served this with corn tortillas. It was so yummy, I think I could eat it every day!