Recipe by aronsinvest
This came out of one of my many cookbooks. Really nice for brunch or a quick dinner. This can be made with things that I keep on hand. Serve this with Mexican rice and hot tortillas. I set the frying pan on the table to serve.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 3 ounces monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice the onions.
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan.
- Add onions and cook until tender but not browned.
- Add tomatoes and chilies to the onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth, salt, sugar and peppers and cook another 5 minutes.
- Break each egg onto a small plate and slide into the hot broth carefully so as not to break the yolk.
- Arrange a cheese slice on top of each egg.
- Cover and cook gently for 5-8 minutes or until the eggs are set and cheese is melted.