This came out of one of my many cookbooks. Really nice for brunch or a quick dinner. This can be made with things that I keep on hand. Serve this with Mexican rice and hot tortillas. I set the frying pan on the table to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice the onions.
- 2Heat oil in a large deep frying pan.
- 3Add onions and cook until tender but not browned.
- 4Add tomatoes and chilies to the onion and cook 5 minutes.
- 5Add broth, salt, sugar and peppers and cook another 5 minutes.
- 6Break each egg onto a small plate and slide into the hot broth carefully so as not to break the yolk.
- 7Arrange a cheese slice on top of each egg.
- 8Cover and cook gently for 5-8 minutes or until the eggs are set and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Huevos En Rabo De Mestiza (Poached Eggs in Tomato-Chili Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.6
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 443.0 mg
- Sodium 1482.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 22.3 g