Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found for the World Tour 2005, I can't wait to make this - it looks SO simple & yummy! This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, quadrupled...
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium sized tomatoes, washed and diced
- 0 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 serrano pepper, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml oil
- Melt the butter with the oil in a deep skillet, add the onion and the peppers and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato and the eggs, stirring constantly to prevent sticking until the eggs are done.
- Season to taste with salt.
This pretty much duplicated the eggs that my MIL makes when DH and I visit Mexico. I halved the recipe for one serving, and I used cooking spray on the pan instead of butter. I added in a bit of chopped smoked ham in the name of cleaning out some leftover items (the ham didn't have anywhere better to be, lol). I also added a bit of fresh ground pepper with the salt. I served this with a couple slices of queso blanco and some warm corn tortillas for a nice quick comforting breakfast. Thanks for posting! Made for The Honeys for ZWT8
Another 5 rating from me. I can only echo all that the others have said and add that it made a perfect quick and easy dinner this evening. I added some shredded cheese on top before taking them out of the pan. Yum!
This is a very nice way to make scrambled eggs. I cut the recipe in half and substituted a green onion for the onion. Made for ZWT8