Recipe by Chef Roly-Poly
This is the stuffed pepper recipe I've been using for years and they seem to dissapear pretty fast. Hope ya'll like em. Recipe for two:
- 2 medium red sweet bell peppers
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup yellow sweet onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice, cooked and fluffed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 of a 10 3/4 oz. can campbell's tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops off of bell peppers, chop and reserve tops. Discard stems.
- Remove seeds and membrane from peppers and emerse in in boiling water and boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Remove and invert on paper towels to drain. Brown ground beef with.
- onions and drain off fat. Add cooked rice,chopped bell pepper tops ketchup, oregano and salt and pepper. Combine well and stuff bell peppers. Place in a small baking dish that allows peppers to stand upright.Pour soup over top.
- and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Spoon any extra filling around peppers before baking.