Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had leftover Roasted Garlic Steak Fajitas and did not feel like getting all the stuff out for fajitas just for a little lunch. For the oil and garlic I used Recipe #2100461 To simplify typing this recipe up, we have to assume that every one has leftover fajitas in the the fridge. So when I say meat and peppers and onions, I'm referring to the leftover fajitas sitting in you fridge. It doesn't matter if it's you own, mine or Chili's. If you like the flavor, you'll like the sandwich. Now that I have made this description needlessly long and drawn out, I'll just go ahead and get to the recipe.
- 2 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1⁄2 lb fajita meat, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grilled onion
- 1⁄2 cup grilled bell pepper
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic oil
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chop up the precooked fajita meat.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high with the roasted garlic oil.
- Split the rolls and toast. I like whole wheat rolls if you can find them. Set them aside to cool.
- Keep the pan hot and add the roasted garlic cloves. Smash them in the pan with a rubber spatula.
- When the garlic starts to melt and bubble, add the meat, peppers and onions.
- Saute until hot and browning.
- while the meat is heating, mix the mayo and the chipotle Tabasco and spread on the hoagie rolls once they have cooled a little.
- Top the rolls with the meat and the shredded cheese.
- If you can resist. Wait till the cheese melt before eating.