Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Country Woman Magazine
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs, cooked
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until mix reaches desired thickness.
- Place hotdogs in buns and top each with about 2 T. beef mix.
I replaced the ground beef with Kidney beans and made this with my Big man chili dogs
This is great, especially for those who like hot dogs covered with everything under the sun! (me) This is just plain comfort food! Great recipe and a keeper in our house! Thanks for sharing!
High level comfort food happening here :D. This is an easy recipe that elevates the humble hot dog to something that makes you think a silent "Oh Yeah" (silent because your mouth is stuffed). I'm going to make a double batch and freeze many packets so that it will be ready on the quick. Thanks much for this keeper Coffee.