Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Country Woman Magazine
Make and share this Hound Dog Chili Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs, cooked
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until mix reaches desired thickness.
- Place hotdogs in buns and top each with about 2 T. beef mix.
High level comfort food happening here :D. This is an easy recipe that elevates the humble hot dog to something that makes you think a silent "Oh Yeah" (silent because your mouth is stuffed). I'm going to make a double batch and freeze many packets so that it will be ready on the quick. Thanks much for this keeper Coffee.
This got the 'yummy' vote in my house! We love chilli dogs,and always have to have one not long after flying into the States. This time however,we opted to make another one of our U.S favourites,chilli cheese fries. This worked a treat,and they were devoured in a flash. A great tasting,simple and speedy recipe...a winner!
Great chili dog sauce! We always buy the canned sauce when we want chili dogs but after tasting this sauce we wont be doing that anymore. The only thing I did differently was to add a slight pinch of red pepper flakes instead of the cayenne pepper. Thank you so much hon for posting this recipe! Made and reviewed for KK's Recipe Tag Game.