It will disapppear.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 large tart apple, peeled, cored, seeded and thinly sliced (Pippin, WInesap, etc.)
- 6 fresh sage leaves, stacked and cut in thin strips lengthwise
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper
- 1/3 cup roasted orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted corn, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- poppy seed dressing (see Low Fat Poppy Seed Dressing)
- 1Prepare the poppy seed dressing. The salad dressing can be prepared several hours in advance.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a wide baking dish combine the corn, diced bell peppers, cumin, garlic powder and olive oil. Toss to coat, spread out the mixture and roast for about 15-20 minutes until fragrant and "charred" but not burnt. Stir periodically. Set aside to cool.
- 4Add the lettuce, spinach, cabbage, apple, sage leaves, green onion, and cooled corn mixture in a salad bowl. Toss carefully.
- 5Serve with the poppy seed dressing. Garnish each serving with pumpkin seeds if desired. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- 6NOTE: to prevent the apples from turning brown, drizzle the slices with a little bit of fresh lemon juice. Slice up apples just before serving the salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Houdini's Harvest Salad
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 192.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves
salt-free garlic powder