It will disapppear.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 large tart apple, peeled, cored, seeded and thinly sliced (Pippin, WInesap, etc.)
- 6 fresh sage leaves, stacked and cut in thin strips lengthwise
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper
- 1/3 cup roasted orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted corn, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- poppy seed dressing (see Low Fat Poppy Seed Dressing)
- 1Prepare the poppy seed dressing. The salad dressing can be prepared several hours in advance.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a wide baking dish combine the corn, diced bell peppers, cumin, garlic powder and olive oil. Toss to coat, spread out the mixture and roast for about 15-20 minutes until fragrant and "charred" but not burnt. Stir periodically. Set aside to cool.
- 4Add the lettuce, spinach, cabbage, apple, sage leaves, green onion, and cooled corn mixture in a salad bowl. Toss carefully.
- 5Serve with the poppy seed dressing. Garnish each serving with pumpkin seeds if desired. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- 6NOTE: to prevent the apples from turning brown, drizzle the slices with a little bit of fresh lemon juice. Slice up apples just before serving the salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Houdini's Harvest Salad
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 192.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves
salt-free garlic powder