1/4 Photos of Hot Tuna Sandwich
This easy recipe is from a cookbook put out by Dorothy Mengering, mother of Late Night talk show host David Letterman. I like it for the addition of the jalapeno pepper; if you don't like it as spicy you can use regular green pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wearing gloves, carefully remove seeds and chop the jalapeno pepper.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix the cheese, tuna, jalapeno, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and cream cheese.
- 3Scoop out the center of the hamburger buns. Fill each bun with tuna mixture.
- 4Wrap each sandwich in foil and heat at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- 5Sandwiches can be frozen before heating.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Tuna Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.6
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 856.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 25.3 g