This easy recipe is from a cookbook put out by Dorothy Mengering, mother of Late Night talk show host David Letterman. I like it for the addition of the jalapeno pepper; if you don't like it as spicy you can use regular green pepper.
- Wearing gloves, carefully remove seeds and chop the jalapeno pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheese, tuna, jalapeno, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and cream cheese.
- Scoop out the center of the hamburger buns. Fill each bun with tuna mixture.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil and heat at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Sandwiches can be frozen before heating.