Beautiful BC's Note:
Simple soup with great flavour. Adapted from Wine, Food & Friends by Karen MacNeil. Serve with a crusty buns. Karen recommends serving this with a crisp and aromatic Gewurztraminer or Dry Riesling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemongrass (herb paste)
- 3 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth, fat-free low sodium
- cooking spray
- 8 -12 ounces chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (sombel oelek)
- 1 cup sugar snap pea, halved crosswise
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1Place first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- 2Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl. Discard solids. Return infused broth to pan.
- 3Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat/ coat with cooking spray and add chicken. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- 4Add mushrooms to pan, saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- 5Add chicken, mushrooms, coconut milk, fish sauce and chili paste to broth in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Add peas; cook 3 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in basil and lime juice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot & Sour Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 1103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk