1/2 Photos of Hot Sausage Tortellini Skillet - Spicy!
Recipe thrown together on a cold Winter's day! Number of servings is a guess! To make this more of a soup, add more broth and half and half --
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 2 pinches fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/16 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage (or mild if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used Vermouth)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 1/2 ounces beef broth
- 14 ounces green beans (drained)
- 19 ounces frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 4 ounces half-and-half
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
- 1In the olive oil, in a large iron skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion for 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic, fennel seed, and Italian seasoning ~ saute another minute. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Brown Italian sausage; blot with paper towels if you see excess fat.
- 3Return mushroom mixture to pan; add white wine, tomato sauce, beef broth and green beans. Bring back to heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- 4Add frozen tortellini, COVER and simmer about 10-12 minutes, or until thawed and heated thoroughly.
- 5Add half and half; simmer 2-3 minutes more until heated through.
- 6Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and flat leaf parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Sausage Tortellini Skillet - Spicy!
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.3
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 1453.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: