Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great addition to any summer get-together! I got this recipe after watching Martha Stewart. It was a recipe from one of her guests, Clay Aiken from "American Idol." It is really a tasty dish!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 2 cups medium sharp cheddar, grated
- 32 Ritz crackers, crushed (1 sleeve)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, sugar, flour and cheese.
- Transfer to an 8-by-8-inch, 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Top with crushed crackers and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This is an excellent adaptation of the cold pineapple salad we used to have when I was a kid. My whole family and visiting friends enjoyed this and I gave the recipe out to 3 people that day! I will make this again and again.
Five stars isn't enough!!! This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I made it after seeing it on Martha's show. I think it would be perfect for Easteror Thanksgiving.