Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
From BH&G Canning. OH, WOW!
Make and share this Hot Pickled Sweet Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Cut sweet peppers into quarters; remove stem, seeds and membranes.
- Place cut side down on a foil lined large baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes, or till skins become bubbly and dark.
- Place peppers in clean brown paper bag, roll down top tight and let set 10 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, peel skin from peppers gently; set aside.
- Remove stems and& seeds from hot peppers; slice into rings.
- In a saucepan combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt and garlic.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Remove garlic.
- Place sweet and hot peppers in hot, sterile jars leaving 1/2-inch head space.
- Pour hot liquid over peppers, leaving 1/2-inch head space; remove air bubbles.
- Wipe jar rims, adjust lids and process in boiling water bath 15 minutes for pints.