Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Spice up your food (and decorate your table) with this simple recipe. [Southern Living, September 2008]
- 14 ounces glass jars
- 1 cup red and green Thai red chili pepper, stemmed (or other peppers of your choice)
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Fill 1 (14 oz.) glass jar with 1 cup red and green Thai chile peppers (or other peppers of your choice), stemmed, filling to about 1 inch from top of jar.
- Bring 1 cup cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until salt and sugar are dissolved (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture over peppers in jar. Cover and chill 3 weeks. Store in refrigerator up to 6 months.
- Note: Chilling for 3 weeks allows the peppers to fire up the vinegar mixture. The longer it sits, the spicier it becomes.
- Remember to wear rubber gloves when filling the jars with peppers.
Love them and please nudge me when I forget the pain of the peppers...probably tomorrow. Made for PAC Fall 2011.