Recipe by Sharon123
Won first prize at New Mexico State Fair! Delicious! Sweet and hot! Mexican, Spanish and Southwestern influence!
- 18 red chili peppers, seeded and stemmed
- 18 green chili peppers, seeded and stemmed (you can use green bell peppers for less heat)
- 4 lbs onions, peeled (about6-8)
- 1 tablespoon canning salt (You can use regular salt)
- boiling water
- 2 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put peppers and onions through food chopper, or chop in water in blender and drain.
- Place in 6 quart kettle.
- Add salt; cover with boiling water.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- Add vinegar and sugar to vegs.
- Bring to boil, simmer 20 minutes.
- Ladle into 7 pint jars, pressing down as you pack so liquid covers vegs.
- Wipe jar rim, adjust lids.
- Process in boiling water bath 15 minutes.
- Start to count processing time when water in canner returns to boiling.
- Remove jars.