Comfort food (originaly from the Macaroni company, can't remember which one.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cook macaroni according to box instructions.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In a large frypan, melt 2 tablespoons butter,.
- 4Add chicken, bouillon and garlic,stir fry until chicken is browned.
- 5Remove chicken.
- 6Add remaining butter and next 6 ingredients.
- 7Stir fry 1 minute.
- 8Cover and cook just until broccoli is tender.
- 9Stir in macaroni, chicken and peas.
- 10Heat through.
- 11Blend milk and flour,.
- 12Stir into macaroni mixture.
- 13Add cheese, cook stirring gently until cheese melts.
- 14Refrigerate left-overs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.6
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 156.7 mg
- Sodium 1298.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 47.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: