Recipe by Sandy One
found this in my local paper many years ago and make it every year. Good on Brats or use leftover roast beef shredded, add mayo to moisten. Use this mixture on crackers or good for sandwiches!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jalapeno peppers (approx 4 cups chopped)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 minced garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and remove stems and chop peppers.
- In a 6-8 quart pot combine peppers and remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Immediately fill jars with mixture, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Carefully run a plastic knife down inside of jar to remove bubbles.
- Wipe jars and threads clean.
- Adjust two piece caps.
- Process pints or half pints in boiling water canner for 15 minutes.