Recipe by smoke alarm jr
This recipe orginally came from a Certo insert but over the years I have changed it a bit to suit our tastes. A bit of sweetness with a bite! When a plate of crackers, each with a thin layer of peanut butter, cream cheese with chives, dollop of this jelly, all topped with slices of pickled jalapenos, gets set out it doesn't last long!
- 3 cups chopped jalapenos (protect hands)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 6 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) packet Certo (foil pkt)
- 4 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot stir together jalapenos, vinegar, and sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Stir in Certo.
- Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in crushed red pepper.
- Pour into sterilized jars.
- Top with sterilized lids and bands.
- Invert jelly jars for 5 minutes.
- Turn back over and enjoy listening to the pop of the jars sealing.