Bratwurst can also be used in this one-dish meal. From Hoffman's "Pot Luck".
Make and share this Hot German Potatoes and Knockwurst recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 large red potatoes
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 knockwurst or 4 bratwursts
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cover potatoes with water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil; simmer until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain, cool slightly, and cut into slices. Place slices into a large heatproof bowl.
- Fry the bacon in a medium saucepan over medium heat until almost crisp. Add the onion and cook until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix in the flour, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the vinegar, broth, and celery seeds. Cook, stirring often, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat the knockwurst according to package directions; cut each into 6 to 8 diagonal slices. Add the knockwurst to the potatoes. Pour the sauce over and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve warm.