Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
originally from "Woman's Day" magazine
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups water, hot
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased 8" square baking dish, mix baking mix, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 Tbs. cocoa.
- Stir in milk and vanilla until blended.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/3 cup cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour water over top (no need to stir).
- Bake 40 min. or until top is firm.
- Dust lightly with confectioners' sugar.
- Spoon while hot into dessert bowls; top cake with sauce.
yum, thank you for posting this wonderful recipe. Betty Crocker used to have a mix for this and for Lemon Pudding cake and they were Peter Pan's favorite desserts. I still love in spite of the association.
We loved it! And so simple to make. Just served with ice cream. It is Yummy!
This was sooo good!! ive always have seen recipes similiar to this, and havent taken the chance to try it, but i decided to use this recipe finally. im so glad i did. definately a keeper.