Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another one from Fat Free dot Com. Sounds yummy!
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 Tbls cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread in an ungreased 9-in square baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over all; do not stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- I like to serve it with frozen non-fat vanilla yogurt.
- Yield: 9 servings.
I really liked this recipe alot, but found it quite sticky. But I would definitely try it again in the future
I use this one alot simply because it has .05 grams of fat and is a great answer to "gee I want some molten chocolate cake but I have heart problems". It is sweet. It is fast and it is easy. If using the sauce, it needs to be eaten immediately while warm, else you will have a gooey mess on your hands after it cools. This is NOT a saver cake to have a piece of later. However, if you exclude the sauce mix [the brown sugar, water and 3 of the Tablespoons of cocoa] you have a nice chocolately snack cake that can be nibbled. It also works well with soymilk and buckwheat flour. Original from Cooking Light I believe.
I would not make it again because the leftover portion was rubbery the next day...Oh well, it was fun trying!