Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Memphis BBQ Hot Dog
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 oscar mayer hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1⁄4 cup bull's eye memphis style barbecue sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Wrap bacon tightly around hot dogs.
- Grill 10 - 12 minutes or until bacon is crisp and hot dogs are heated through, turning frequently.
- Add buns to the grill the last 2 or 3 minutes of cooking to toast.
- Drain hot dogs on a paper towel. Place in buns and top with BBQ sauce, onions and cheese.
Made these the other day & was somewhat disappointed. Wrapping the bacon around the hot dog was an absolute pain...had quite a time getting it to stay on the hot dog, even with a toothpick or 2. Also didn't taste anything special about it....IDK if I'd attempt making these again or not. IF I do, I think I'll just cut-up the bacon & fry it & use it as a condiment.
Oh My Dog! ...but I enthuse. *PAC Spring 2013*