Recipe by Teresa Fadley
This is not your typical plain hot dog sauce, it has a very good flavor and makes a large amount for those 4th of July gatherings.
Top Review by use
First recipe I tried from this site. Hot dogs are my main life support system, so I gave it a shot. Simple and delicious. Like chili with no beans. Not spicy though - I added something extra for that. Would probably take .5 hrs to cook if I was experienced.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2 (12 -16 ounce) packages hot dogs (ground)
- 3 onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mustard
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles ketchup
- 4 (3 ounce) jars chili sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) jars sweet pickles, chopped
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the burger with a small amount of water on low heat.
- Break the burger into small pieces while cooking.
- Grind the green pepper, onion, and celery in food processor.
- Add to burger and cook till tender.
- Drain the grease.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, Accent and a little Worcestershire sauce.