Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is not your typical plain hot dog sauce, it has a very good flavor and makes a large amount for those 4th of July gatherings.
- Cook the burger with a small amount of water on low heat.
- Break the burger into small pieces while cooking.
- Grind the green pepper, onion, and celery in food processor.
- Add to burger and cook till tender.
- Drain the grease.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, Accent and a little Worcestershire sauce.
First recipe I tried from this site. Hot dogs are my main life support system, so I gave it a shot. Simple and delicious. Like chili with no beans. Not spicy though - I added something extra for that. Would probably take .5 hrs to cook if I was experienced.
This is a fabulous hot dog sauce.. fantastic flavor!
This is a fairly easy sauce to make if one uses a food processor. More importantly, it's darn good. I made my first "batch" and a large, thick-bottomed pot is recommended to prevent scorching. I'm a little fuzzy on cooking time so I went 90 minutes on low heat. This is one of those recipes that, when you're gorging yourself at the family reunion, three or four people walk up and ask, "Did you get some of that hot dog sauce? Who made that? I want the recipe." My highest compliments to Teresa!