Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
quick and simple hot crab dip served in a bread bowl. to die for!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 lb crabmeat (fresh preferred, but canned will do the job on a budget)
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 (1 lb) round loaf French bread
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix until creamy: cream cheese, milk, mayonnaise, horseradish, crab meat and Old Bay. Bake in an 8X12 pan at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- Cut out top of bread loaf. Scoop inside of loaf and tear to make dipping pieces.
- Fill hollowed loaf with cooked mixture and top with shredded cheese, then sprinkle additional desired amount of Old Bay over cheese. Bake filled bread bowl for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with bread pieces.