This is perfect comfort food. Fluffy cake-like puddings on the outside and ooey, gooey chocolate on the inside. Could you ask for anything else? Make sure you use the best chocolate you can find and afford (upwards of 70 percent cocoa solids is best).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- 2Lightly butter four ramekin dishes or oven-proof tea cups.
- 3Roughly break the chocolate into pieces and leave to gently melt in a double boiler or in a microwave.
- 4Meanwhile, put the sugar into the bowl of a mixer.
- 5Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the sugar, beating until thick and creamy.
- 6Separately, whisk the egg whites until they are almost stiff.
- 7Stir the butter into the melted chocolate and leave to melt, then add the chocolate spread.
- 8Fold the chocolate into the egg and sugar, then carefully fold in the beaten egg whites.
- 9Be gentle and don't overmix, just fold in until there are no more egg whites sticking out of the mixture.
- 10Scoop into the dishes and place on a baking sheet.
- 11Bake for 12-25 minutes, until risen.
- 12The tops will be cracked and the centres should still be slightly wobbly, from all the melted chocolate inside!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Chocolate Puddings
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.4
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 190.6 mg
- Sodium 156.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g