Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is perfect comfort food. Fluffy cake-like puddings on the outside and ooey, gooey chocolate on the inside. Could you ask for anything else? Make sure you use the best chocolate you can find and afford (upwards of 70 percent cocoa solids is best).
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- Lightly butter four ramekin dishes or oven-proof tea cups.
- Roughly break the chocolate into pieces and leave to gently melt in a double boiler or in a microwave.
- Meanwhile, put the sugar into the bowl of a mixer.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the sugar, beating until thick and creamy.
- Separately, whisk the egg whites until they are almost stiff.
- Stir the butter into the melted chocolate and leave to melt, then add the chocolate spread.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg and sugar, then carefully fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Be gentle and don't overmix, just fold in until there are no more egg whites sticking out of the mixture.
- Scoop into the dishes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-25 minutes, until risen.
- The tops will be cracked and the centres should still be slightly wobbly, from all the melted chocolate inside!