These little puddings, adapted from Australian chef Bill Granger, are rich, moist, decadent and delicious - but remarkably easy to make. Kids will love them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g plain flour
- 120 g caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 250 ml milk
- 85 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1First, butter six small ramekin dishes (approximately 5cm (2") deep and 7.5cm (3") wide at the top) and place them onto an oven tray or cookie sheet. You can use bigger ramekins but the puddings will take a little longer to cook.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 3Sift the topping ingredients into a bowl and set aside until needed.
- 4Now, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- 5Add the milk, butter, egg and vanilla and mix well until combined.
- 6Pour this batter into the ramekins so that it comes about half way up the sides.
- 7Sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter.
- 8Now, put the boiling water into a jug and, gently, pour a roughly equal amount over each ramekin, making sure to wet as much of the topping as possible.
- 9Place the tray of ramekins onto the centre shelf of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until well risen and slightly firm to touch on top.
- 10Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving with cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Chocolate Puddings
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.4
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.4 mg
- Sodium 320.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 50.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g