Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very nice appetizer that is even better the next day.
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- garlic salt, to taste
- Lightly spray a 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish.
- Beginning with the cheese, layer the first five ingredients in the order listed.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the layered mixture and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (until just set and the edges are lightly brown).
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
- To re-heat any leftovers, wrap lightly with a damp paper towel and microwave for 5-10 seconds.
Made this for my daugther and bridesmaids for her batch. party and it was a great breakfast dish, they cleaned it out!!! I just knew a fellow Louisianaian would have great recipes! I look forward to trying more!!!!