Recipe by Sherrybeth
A very nice appetizer that is even better the next day.
Top Review by cajun chef in Louisiana
Made this for my daugther and bridesmaids for her batch. party and it was a great breakfast dish, they cleaned it out!!! I just knew a fellow Louisianaian would have great recipes! I look forward to trying more!!!!
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- garlic salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray a 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish.
- Beginning with the cheese, layer the first five ingredients in the order listed.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the layered mixture and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (until just set and the edges are lightly brown).
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
- To re-heat any leftovers, wrap lightly with a damp paper towel and microwave for 5-10 seconds.