Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are delicious hot sandwiches. They are quick and easy to prepare. From the Soup Mix Gourmet cookbook.
- 4 English muffins, cut in halves
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 12 slices crisply cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Put the English muffin halves on a baking sheet.
- Add the ingredients in this order: turkey slices, tomato slices, bacon strips.
- Saute the onion in the butter in a small saucepan until soft.
- Add the soup, cayenne, nutmeg, sherry and cheddar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Remove from heat and spoon sauce on top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and broil until golden brown.