Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chunky and cheesy. A different dip than the usual. Serve in chafing dish to keep hot. Have melba toast, crackers, corn chips, and toast rounds on the side.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup hard margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups grated medium cheddar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained and chopped
- Cook broccoli in water in small saucepan until barely tender. Drain. Chop large pieces.
- Melt margarine in large saucepan. Add onion. Saute until soft and clear.
- Add remaining 4 ingredients. Stir. Add broccoli mixture. Heat and stir until cheese is melted. Serve hot. Makes 4 cups.
- Company’s Coming Starters.