Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have had this recipe for awhile now but have never tried it. It sounds really interesting.
- 1 lb tart cooking apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (approximately, I usually use less if I have sweeter apples)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- vanilla yogurt (to garnish)
- Place all ingredients except yogurt in saucepan and simmer until the apples are mushy.
- Puree in blender at low speed.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve hot.
- Garnish with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and a sprinkle of nutmeg if desired.