Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you love Smoke House almonds then you will love these! They are great for serving at holiday season or for get-togethers, or just to munch on at any time...better make lots these will go fast!
Top Review by CheCheCherie
WOW! I'm never buying Smokehouse Almonds from the store ever again!!! I used the egg white method and added the woo sauce and a dash of liquid smoke to whites and whipped until frothy. Tossed with the almonds and briefly drained in a colander. I used Lawry's seasoned salt (the BEST!) in place of celery and regular salt and baked at 300 for 20minutes! Perfect!!!
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds (or both) or 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves (or both)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients (first 9 ingredients) except the nuts and kosher salt; mix well.
- Add nuts; toss to coat.
- Arrange on cookie sheet.
- Bake until nuts are toasted (watch closely as these will toast quickly!).
- Toss with kosher salt (or 1/4 teaspoon or more regular table salt).
- Store in an airtight container or freeze for up to 3 months.