Krabby Crab Coleslaw with Spicy Nuts
Cole slaw transformed - with Krab/crab, green onion, tomato and a spicy, crunchy peanut topping. Can be made the day before and served as a main or side dish. Prep time does not include refrigeration.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil or 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon india not mexican garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat (surimi) or 8 ounces crab, roughly shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, garam masala, curry and cayenne, add peanuts and mix well.
- Bake on a nonstick cookie sheet 20 minutes, remove and cool on paper towels.
- Combine cole slaw mix, green onion, tomato and Krab in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, season with salt and pepper, toss to combine, refrigerate 2 hours or overnight and top with nuts just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We had this for dinner last night and it was delightfully different and very delicious. The mild sweetness of the imitation crabmeat went well with the slaw ingredients. The dressing's sweet-tart flavor was a bonus. The spiced nuts were my favorite part and added so much to the flavor and texture of the slaw. This dish reflects a creative use of ingredients and it is something I would serve to guests. Thanks and good luck in the contest.3Reply
see 1 more