Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from The Gas Grill Gourmet. I served it at a gathering and received rave reviews. Very tasty wings, I should have doubled the recipe.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (use more for spicier wings)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sesame seeds (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Wash the chicken wings in cold water and pat them dry. With a sharp knife, trim off each wing tip right at the joint.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a nonreactive container and mix well. Add the wings, cover, and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or overnight if desired.
- Preheat the grill for 10-15 minutes, with all the burners on high.
- While the grill is preheating, drain the marinade from its container into a nonreactive saucepan. Bring the liquid to a boil for a minute or two, remove pan from heat, and reserve for basting.
- Once the grill is hot, turn one burner off and turn the other(s) to medium. Place the wings over the burner that is off. Close the grill's lid and cook the chicken for 30-35 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and brown. Turn the wings once during the cooking process, basting with the boiled marinade.
- Transfer the wings to a serving platter, and garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro, if desired.