Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A super side dish to serve to your guests.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Cook peas according to package directions and drain.
- Saute onion and mushrooms in butter.
- Blend in flour and gradually add half and half, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thick.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix lightly and heat through.
- Stir occasionally.
Excellent! I kept eating and eating these even before the rest of dinner was ready, and peas are probably my least favorite vegetable. Mushrooms and onion in a thick creamy sauce with simple but perfect seasoning. A nice dish for company or the holidays but easy enough for a family meal. Recipe halves easily. I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for the recipe!