That is Dr House to you's Note:
From Veggie Life.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh horseradish or 1 tablespoon bottled horseradish
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 10 1/2 ounces lite silken extra firm tofu, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts (optional) or 1 cup radish sprouts (optional)
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 1Note: Beginners may want to marinate the tofu in their favorite sauce such as Ken's Sundried tomato dressing overnight or use a flavored tofu cutlet in place of the silken. The one I use tastes just like fried chicken.
- 2Also note I omit the sprouts and use lettuce.
- 3In bowl mix the first three ingedients. Spread on bread.
- 4Now on the bread layer the tofu, tomato and sprouts.
- 5Top with bread.
- 6For vegan use the vegan mayo.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Horseradish & Tofu Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 382.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 11.9 g